31 Spooky B2B Marketing Stats to Scare You in 2020
There’s a lot to be horrified by at this point in 2020 and we’re not just talking about poorly portrayed Carole Baskin’s and Harley Quinn’s. This year has been a whirlwind for all of us, but the world of marketing keeps spinning on, though not without its setbacks.
It’s important to stay up to date with new developments in the marketing world. In this blog post, we’re talking about some of the most frightening stats we’ve seen this year, from general data to COVID-19-related figures.
1. 54% of all emails are classified as spam.
2. The outbound selling strategy of cold calling only has a 2.5% success rate.
3. 63% of marketers say their biggest content challenge is driving traffic and generating leads.
4. 80% of new leads never translate into sales.
5. People spend over 3.5 hours per day on their mobile devices.
6. 47% of emails are opened or discarded based solely on their subject line.
7. 90% of web pages get zero organic traffic from Google.
8. Nearly half of all US small businesses don’t have a website.
9. On average, for every $92 spent on acquiring a customer, just $1 is then spent on trying to convert them.
10. A 1-second delay in your site speed can reduce conversions by up to 7%.
11. Asking for a phone number has the worst impact on conversion rates.
12. 200 million Americans have registered on the FTC’s “Do Not Call” list.
13. About 27% of people head to social media right when they wake up.
14. 63% of consumers are highly annoyed with generic advertising blasts
15. 615 million devices now use ad blockers, which means your ads are not being seen by as many people.
16. More than 20% of marketing emails never make it to a subscriber’s inbox.
17. The average bounce rate range is between 41 and 51%.
18. Slow loading speed correlated with higher bounce rates.
19. 57% of customers won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile.
20. And if a website isn’t mobile-friendly, 50% of customers will stop visiting it, even if they like the business.
21. 1 in 3 customers will leave a brand they love after just one bad experience, while 92% would completely abandon a company after two or three negative interactions.
22. Customer expectations are at an all-time high and it’s a tough time for companies to meet and exceed them.
23. 90% of customers report having a poor experience when seeking customer support on mobile devices.
24. More than 100,000 businesses have closed forever as the nation’s pandemic toll escalates.
25. Media consumption was expected to increase by as much as 60% during the COVID-19 crisis.
26. The click-thru-rates for all brand accounts have dropped by 17.2% since the new year.
27. Marketer optimism has plummeted to 50.9 on a 0–100 scale with 0 being least optimistic and 100 most optimistic. Immediately before COVID, the score was 62.7.
28. 97% of marketers have noticed lower in-person marketing engagement (e.g., sales/store visits, trade shows) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
29. 74% of brands surveyed are posting less on their company social accounts at present.
30. 65% of respondents noticed a decrease in revenue.
31. 69% of brands expect they will decrease ad spend in 2020.
Pandemic or not, there is a lot of data and information to absorb about 2020 thus far. Will 2021 be any better? Worse? Stagnant? With these statistics, marketers can hopefully create a plan for the new year and combat worsening data.
Check out HIPB2B’s other Halloween-related posts: